Global Goa Party 2: DJ & flyer art signup
Would you like to DJ for Global Goa Party 2? Would you like to contribute flyer art? Would you like more information about GGP2? Do you wish you could party like it was 1996? Then read on, please!
My friends, it is time once again to bring together the global tribe for a planet-wide, all-night, all-out celebration of the retro-fluoro trance-dance experience. The first Global Goa Party was an absolute blast, and I hope this one will be even more fun for everyone.
Global Goa Party 2: March 24, 2012
The idea for the Global Goa Party series is to create the soundtrack for a full night (and morning) of old-school Goa trance by ten DJs from all over the world.
The year is 1996. Each DJ will create and submit a mix appropriate for the year and their time slot, and at the end of the submission window (January 24 through March 19, 2012) all of the mixes will be posted here at the Goat Ranch. In addition, I’ll stitch them together to create a single-file download for uninterrupted listening of the whole party. Then, simply invite some friends over on a Saturday night, hang some fluoro tapestries in your living room, fire up the black lights, press play at around 8PM and enjoy the party!
How to participate
- Pick your desired slot from the Set Times below and send me an email requesting your time slot.
- Time slots are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- I’ll update the list with assigned DJs as the sign-ups arrive.
- Read the Global Goa Party Set Guidelines below
- Record a killer old-school Goa set and send a link to marsh [at] goatranch [dot] com – it’s as simple as that!
20:00:00 - 21:30:00 (8PM - 9:30PM) Spork 21:30:00 - 23:00:00 (9:30PM - 11PM) DJ Draeke 23:00:00 - 00:30:00 (11PM - 12:30AM) Kunal 00:30:00 - 02:00:00 (12:30AM - 2AM) Earwall 02:00:00 - 03:30:00 (2AM - 3:30AM) Basilisk 03:30:00 - 05:00:00 (3:30AM - 5AM) Jim Appleton 05:00:00 - 06:30:00 (5AM - 6:30AM) DenisB 06:30:00 - 08:00:00 (6:30AM - 8AM) Cehmu 08:00:00 - 09:30:00 (8AM - 9:30AM) DJ Nonsense 09:30:00 - 11:00:00 (9:30AM - 11AM) Infra
I’m not out to stifle anyone’s creativity, but there are some “rules” that come along with participating in Global Goa Party 2.
- Deadline for mix submissions: March 19, 2012
- The year of this global virtual party is 1996, thus you should include tracks appropriate for that time period.
- Please create a set appropriate for your selected time slot. If sign up for the 2AM-3:30AM slot, you’d better be playing some heavy duty, intense stuff. Conversely, if you pick the 8PM-9:30PM slot, you probably should be thinking of easing people into the night with something fairly mellow. Common sense, I know, but had to say it.
- Include a tracklist with your set. Track lists will be posted a couple of weeks after the posting of the mixes, sometime after March 24th. You don’t have a track list when your groovin’ at a party, so listen, enjoy the moment, and then come back later for the track lists.
- If you sign up for a time slot, please submit a mix by the deadline. I’d hate to reserve your slot only to hit the deadline without a mix from you.
- If you sign up and find at some point that you won’t be able to make the deadline, let me know so I can open up the slot to another DJ.
I really, really would love to have someone create some killer retro flyer art for this thing. As you can see, my GIMP skills fairly laughable. If you’d like to do a flyer for the party, please do so! I post quite often about the party during the lead-up to the event here on the Ranch and also on various forums and Facebook and whatnot, so if I get more than one flyer, I use them all (sometimes more than once). One of them will also be used for the posting on DI.fm, so that’s pretty cool too. Send me an email to let me know you’re working on something, I’d love to hear from ya. 🙂
That’s it! I’ll update the time slots with DJ names as they arrive in my inbox. Remember, this is not a contest, so have fun with this thing. Let’s party!!!
Q & A
Q: I’ll update the Q&A section here as questions come in…
A: See above!